About: Jo Kang-ja was once known for being a tough, feared troublemaker in high school. When she gets pregnant in her late teens she decides to become a responsible mother. When Kang-ja discovers her daughter, who is now a high school student, is being bullied she decides to go back to high school to protect her daughter, as a student.
- Kim Hee-sun as Jo Kang-ja, mother
- Kim Yoo-jung as Oh Ah-ran, Kang-ja’s daughter
- Ji Hyun-woo as Park No-ah, teacher
- Ji-soo as Go Bok-dong, classmate
- Baro (B1A4) as Hong Sang-tae, classmate
- Lizzy (After School) as Wang Jung-hee, classmate
Genre: Family / School
No of eps: 16 Release date: 18 March 2015
Rating: ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ … or 8/10… decisions!!
Recommended: If you like school or family or action/are longing for some intensity. Heavy-hearted – 4/5
Reasons for watching: As I was reading complaints on Who Are You: School 2015, someone said Angry Mom was the Korean school drama of the year
Reasons to keep watching: School drama of the year! New loves: Ji-soo ♥ ♥ and Baro ♥
Re-watch: I don’t think I will, I wouldn’t mind but I don’t think I will, maybe if I need more Ji-soo!Read More »
A.K.A: The Strongest K-POP Survival
- Go Eun-ah as Ji Seung-yeon
- Park Yu-hwan as Kang Woo-hyun
- Lee Si-kang/Kwak Yong-hwan (Kino, disbanded) as Kwon Ji-woo
About: Ji Seung-yeon’s dream is to become a hip-hop legend. She goes for an audition and succeeds but it’s for a male idol group.
No of eps: 14 Release date: 19 March 2012
Rating: ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
Recommended: If you like guys with dimples/Park Yu-hwan, cross-dressing & youth dramas
Reasons for watching: Cross-dressing. I like cross-dressing stories, it’s from my manga enthusiast days.
Reasons to keep watching: Park Yu-hwan is so cute, he has dimples
Re-watch: Nah.Read More »
A.K.A.: Cheer Up!
- Jung Eun-ji (Apink) as Kang Yeon-doo, Real King leader bright green pic
- Lee Won-geun as Kim Yeol, Baek-Ho leader, 1st in school yellow pic
- Ji-soo as Seo Ha-joon, Baek-Ho member, Yeol’s friend & roommate aqua pic
- Cha Hak-yeon (VIXX’s N) as Ha Dong-jae, Yeon-doo’s childhood friend, Yeol’s roommate blue pic
- Chae Soo-bin as Kwon Soo-ah, Baek-Ho member, 2nd in school, Yeon-doo’s roommate pink pic
About: At the elite Sevit High School, there are two clubs. There is a dance club called Real King, where students ranked in the bottom 5th percentile gathered together. Baek-Ho, on the other hand, is a so-called cheerleading club comprised of students in the top 5%. All they do is study but they joined the club to look good on their university applications.
Genre: Friendship / School / Romance / Teen / Comedy
No of eps: 12 Release date: 5 Oct 2015
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Recommended: If you like youth or friendship or romance or hot boys, like Ji-soo ♥
Reasons for watching: Ji-soo ♥, Eunji & N’s my bias in VIXX ♥
Reasons to keep watching: Lee Won-geun! New love ♥
Re-watch: I wouldn’t mind watching it again but I don’t think I will, maybe in a few years.Read More »
About: A group of 20-year-old friends all live in the same neighbourhood and regularly gather at Yoon Tae-oh’s house, living their first year out of high school.
- Choi Min-ho (SHINee) as Yoon Tae-oh
- Park So-dam as Han Song-yi, Tae-oh’s childhood friend
- Kim Min-jae as Seo Ji-an
- Jeong Yoo-jin as Ryoo Se-hyun, Tae-Oh’s blind date
- Lee Yi-kyung as Choi Hoon
- Cho Hye-jung as Oh Ga-rin
Genre: Friendship / Romance / Youth
N0 of eps: 8, split into 15 minute segments. Release date: 7 Oct 2015
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Recommended: If you like youth or romance dramas & are looking for something a bit shorter. Light-hearted – 1/5
Reasons for watching: Minho!!
Reasons to keep watching: They are all young up-and-coming actors and they’re really, really good and cute. Never forget cute.
Re-watch: Tbh, I haven’t finished watching it although I have read the recaps for the second half of the drama. Read More »
A.K.A.: The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince
About: 24 year old Go Eun-chan is the breadwinner of her family, working multiple jobs. She has no time to care about her looks, has practical short hair and is often mistaken for a guy. Choi Han-kyul is the irresponsible 3rd generation of a food chaebol that has never worked in his life.
When they meet, he hires her, thinking she’s a he, to pretend to be his gay lover so he can escape from the blind dates his grandmother sets up. When his grandmother gives him an ultimatum, he takes over an old coffee shop renaming it “Coffee Prince.” He only hires good-looking males to attract female customers so Eun-chan continues to hide her gender in order to work there.
Han-kyul’s cousin, Choi Han-sung, is a music producer and his ex-girlfriend, Han Yoo-joo, an artist. They dated for 8 years before she left him for a man called DK 2 years ago. Now she’s back in Seoul and they meet again.
- Yoon Eun-hye as Go Eun-chan above middle
- Gong Yoo as Choi Han-kyul far left
- Lee Sun-kyun as Choi Han-sung, Han-kyul’s cousin
- Chae Jung-an as Han Yoo-joo, Han-kyul’s first love & Han-sung’s ex
- Kim Jae-wook as Noh Sun-ki, waffle chef 2nd from right
- Kim Dong-wook as Jin Ha-rim, waiter 3rd from right
- Lee Eon as Hwang Min-yeop, waiter far right
Genre: Romance / Comedy / Cross-dressing
No of eps: 17 Release date: 2 July 2007
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Recommended: If you like rom/com’s
Reasons for watching: Cross-dressing. I Googled “cross-dressing dramas.” I remember.
Reasons to stop watching at ep.11-ish: I was 15 when I watched it so I don’t know if my opinion would change if I were to watch it now but I don’t think so. Perhaps I would actually get around to finishing it but that’s it. Well the reason I stopped watching it was because I’d run out of internet data that month and I just never bothered to follow up on it when I got my internet back.Read More »
…that I have watched anyway.
Korean dramas weren’t that great this year overall. It’s not just because I haven’t watched that many either, other people have said the same. Perhaps it’s because they aren’t that great that even their synopsis doesn’t intrigue me. Anyway on to the list!Read More »
About: Joo Yoo-rin lives with her father in Jeju Island as a tour guide. Her father is a gambling addict so she has learnt to lie and swindle after being chased by debt collectors. She meets Seol Gong-chan who employs her to pretend to be his grandfather’s long-lost granddaughter, which is his dying wish. However he becomes so happy that he recovers. Joo Yoo-rin and Seol Gong-chan now have to live together in the same house pretending to be cousins.
- Lee Da-hae as Joo Yoo-rin
- Lee Dong-wook as Seol Gong-chan, chaebol heir
- Lee Joon-gi as Seo Jung-woo, Gong-chan’s flirtatious best friend
- Park Si-yeon as Kim Se-hyun, Gong-chan’s ex-girlfriend
Genre: Romance / Comedy
No of eps: 16 Release date: 14 Dec 2005
Rating: ♔ ♔ ♔ ♔
Recommended: If you like rich man/poor woman romances
Reasons for watching: It sounded cute & Lee Dong-wook
Reasons to stop watching at ep.6: I have discovered that although I like Lee Dong-wook’s looks I do not think he’s a good actor. At least not good enough to be a main lead. I’ve also seen him in Blade Man and I also stopped watching that for no other reason than meh. He just doesn’t capture me. Also, I hated the way they dressed and her make-up. It’s such shiny make-up. I know it was the fashion back then but still shinyyyy, grosss.
About: When Park Dong-joo was a teenager he met Yoon Soo-wan who was blind. They fell in love. They were soon forced to separate then Soo-wan undergoes surgery that restores her sight. Twelve years later, she’s now an emergency rescue worker and he’s a surgeon. They meet again but he learns that she’s now engaged so he keeps quiet about his identity.
- Lee Sang-yoon as Park Dong-joo / Park Dylan
- Kang Ha-neul as young Dong-joo
- Gu Hye-sun as Yoon Soo-wan
- Nam Ji-hyun as young Soo-wan
- Kim Ji-seok as Kang Ji-woon, Soo-wan’s fiancée
- Seungri (Big Bang) as Teddy Seo
Genre: Romance / Melodrama / Medical
No of eps: 20 Release date: 5 April 2014
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Recommended: If you feel like having a break from rom/com’s with some melodrama. Heavy-hearted – 3/5
Reasons for watching: Sounded interesting. Seungri. I want to watch Gu Hye-sun after watching her in Blood because she’s pretty.
Reasons to stop watching at ep 10-ish: Just got a bit bored? I wouldn’t mind finishing it but I don’t think I will ever get around to doing so.Read More »
A.K.A: You’ve Fallen for Me
- Park Shin-hye as Lee Gyu-won
- Jung Yong-hwa (CNBLUE) as Lee Shin (The Stupid)
- Song Chang-eui as Kim Suk-hyun, stage director
- So Yi-hyun as Jung Yoon-soo, dance professor and Lee Shin’s love
- Kang Min-hyuk (CNBLUE) as Yeo Joon-hee (The Stupid)
- Kim Yoon-hye as Han Hee-joo, university’s star and princess
About: Lee Gyu-won majors in Traditional Korean Music and plays the gayageum. Lee Shin majors in Western Music and is the vocalist and guitarist of rock band “The Stupid.” The university is having it’s 100th anniversary celebration with their students putting on performances and Gyu-won decides to join.
Genre: Romance / Music / Youth / University
No of eps: 15 + special Release date: 29 June 2011
Rating: ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪
Recommended: If you like youth or romance or Yong-hwa or Park Shin-hye
Reasons for watching: Yonghwa! Sounded interesting.
Reasons to keep watching: I finished it just for the sake of finishing it. Plus Yonghwa.
Re-watch: No. I only love the soundtrack. Without the amazing songs I wouldn’t even remember the drama. It’s of my favourite songs even now.Read More »